If you are wondering how much does it cost to visit Rome, then you are in the right place, in this travel guide you’ll find the daily average cost per day broken down by: lodging, meals, transportation and attractions ticket pricing, with this information you will be able to put together your daily budget at this beautiful Italian city.
Each click help us to maintain the blog. ¡Thank You!
How much does it cost to sleep at Rome?
- Bed at a Hostel: 7 to 10€
- Private single room at a Hostel: +20€
- Basic single room at a Hotel: +23€
- Standard room at a Hotel: +35€
- Luxury room at a Hotel: +80€
- Airbnb: highly recommended due its low prices
How much does it cost to eat at Rome?
- Food at super markets, from 5 to 10€: as usual, if you are looking to save some euros, then this is your best choice, supermarkets at most cities offer the most competitive prices in fully prepared meal or supplies for you to prepare your own.
- Local restaurants, from 10 to 50€: Always remember: the farther the restaurant it’s from the touristic zone, the cheaper it will be, at some places you will find pizza+beer combos for 8-10€.
- Top Notch or gourmet restaurants: +50€: If your budget is enough to pay one of this places, then do it and taste the local delicacies, but also enjoy the whole experience.
How much does the attraction tickets cost to at Rome?
- First: Coliseum & Roman Forum: 12€
- Saint Angelo Castle: 5€
- Museos del Vaticano: 17€
- Trevi Fountain: Free
- Last: Navona Square: Free
How much does it cost the plublic transportation in Rome?
- Metro: 1.5€
- Bike: .5€ the first half our
- Taxi: The most expensive option, an average of+10€ per each 5km
Should you tip while in Rome?
One of the most forgotten topics when calculating a daily cost to visit Rome is the tipping, and trust me, it does decrease your budget in a considerable way, so please read carefully the next bullets:
- Bars and Cafes: Not necessary
- Restaurants: Most times your bill will include a 10% service charge, so check every bill to avoid double tipping
«Thanks for sharing this guide: Daily cost to visit Rome»
Now you are prepared to calculate your own daily cost to visit Rome. I hope this guide has been useful, if so, please help me and share it on your social media.